Most times a well timed movie quote can be useful. They can break the ice, relax the nerves or even help you fit in with a new posse (do people still say posse or is it crew now?). So here is a list of my top 10 favorite movie quotes that I use to get a laugh (or to find out which people around me are awesome).
10. ”You stay classy San Diego” – Anchorman
I’ll usually say this after hearing a horribly tasteless joke, to let them know that they are NOT being classy.
9. “Samsonite! I was way off! I knew it started with an S, though” – Dumb and Dumber
This one is useful when trying to remember a name, after someone remembers it and discovers I wasn’t even close to recalling it.
8. “ Hey, there’s even a fridge! You could put a six pack of be… soda in here…” – Tommy Boy
Pretty much every time I see a mini-fridge…
7. “Gee, mister. You’re even hungrier than I am.” -Goonies
I say this any time I witness someone eating a candy bar (especially when its a Baby Ruth).
6. “I understand you’re a man who knows how to get things.” – the Shawshank Redemption
Whenever I need someone’s help finding something I say this, but they never respond correctly.
5. “You pooped in the refrigerator!? And you ate the entire…wheel of cheese? How’d you do that? I’m not even mad! That’s amazing.” – Anchorman
I don’t need a reason to use this one, but if someone mumbles at me, they’ll probably hear it.
4. ”It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark… and we’re wearing sunglasses.” – the Blues Brothers
I use this when about to start a road trip, project or meeting hoping that someone will say “Hit it” afterwards.
3. “You wanna talk some jive? I’ll talk some jive. I’ll talk some jive like you’ve never heard!” – the Royal Tenenbaums
Typically this is my “I’m warning you” joke before I get really goofy.
2. “PC Load letter?! The **** does that mean?” – Office Space
Every time I have a computer issue that doesn’t make any sense.
1. “ On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.” – Fight Club
I don’t really say this to people, but it always inspires me.